The Langston Center for Quality, Safety and Innovation offers activities that directly align with the center’s three goals:
Support and disseminate innovation
The Langston Center collaborates with VCU Health (the health system and all health science schools), the community and organizations (industry, non-governmental, special interest groups and professional organizations) to develop innovative proposals that enhance quality and safety.
Provide educational opportunities
The Langston Center provides educational offerings for health professionals, faculty and students that complement educational efforts offered through the VCU Center for Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Care.
- Langston Quality Scholars Program: An eight to ten month experiential learning program to teams of clinicians training in leadership and performance improvement while they are solving an actual quality and safety problem they have identified in their clinical setting.
- Annual symposium: A multidisciplinary forum focused on creating better delivery of health care.
- Langston Center Lectures: One to two lectures each semester featuring quality and safety experts, panel discussions and innovative practices that link to Center’s mission. The lectures are open to everyone and will include Continuing Education Credit.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement – RVA Chapter: – A Richmond community network committed to improving health and health care.
- Expert consultations: Project planning, grant writing, presentation and publication development.
- Academic program education support: Broadly supports the education of VCU students in the area of quality and safety in a number of ways. Examples include students engaged in quality safety work such as DNP capstones or Ph.D. research. The center also supports other graduate students and medical residents conducting quality and safety studies or projects as required by their academic programs.
Establish the Langston Center as a national and international resource
The Langston Center has a program for visiting scholars to take full advantage of the center’s unique broad focus. Visiting scholars will include students, post-doctoral fellows, faculty, practitioners and administrators interested in quality and safety. If you are interested in becoming a visiting scholar, please contact us at email@example.com.